6 November 2013

I pick you

On Friday, 1 November David asked me to marry him. This is how it happened...

We went for a picnic up chappies to watch the sunset. The wind was blowing like crazy, when we got to the top we climbed over the rail and walked down a few rocks to a cave.  Dave told me that it was holiday cave.  As we were walking towards the top of Chappies, I said to Dave, "it would be cool if we saw a whale" and literally after sitting there for 20 minutes I saw a puff blow up and then we saw a whale. It was soooooo cool!!!  When we got to the cave, we had some wine and had communion together before making sandwiches.  

Looking back now, I am sooo glad that we had communion together before Dave proposed, it was kind of like saying "Hi God, you're totally apart of this and we thank you for what you've done for us"

After a bit, Dave started telling me how cavemen, when they want to impress a girl they show them something clean to distract them from the fact that they are dirty. Some cavemen would show a women a leaf, or a pond or a cave, like this one. (I thought we were having one of those random conversations that we have about nothing in particular, but are lots of fun anyway) 

Dave then said to me, as his voice changed and I realised that he was getting serious... "Male penguins, when they choose a mate they take them a stone and if the female penguin accepts it then she becomes his mate for life." Dave then said to, "I have a stone I want you to look at." He then took a ring out of his pocket, got down on one knee and said, "I picky you, will you marry me?" and I was like "YES!!!!"

I gave Dave an infinity amount of points afterwards... I am soooooo lucky and blessed that God chose Dave for me to marry and I really can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.


xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment