30 November 2015

Dressember

On Saturday a friend of mine was telling me about Dressember and asked if I would be interested in doing it. In a nutshell it's where you commit to wearing a dress every day throughout December. I was like "Yes, I would LOVE that" and the girly girl inside of me jumped up and down at the though of wearing a dress ALL the time for a month.

I then did some research into Dressember and discovered a whole lot. Dressember was started by a lady who wanted to do more with what she had in her hand - dresses. She started creating awareness and raising funds for an organisation involved with freeing people from human trafficking. Here's more of her story on You Tube  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGuTpWTcSE8

I was challenged by this and not because I have LOTS of dresses or that I love wearing dresses and thought "I could commit to wearing every dress I own this month" but because human trafficking is something that strikes a cord in my heart. I believe that no human being should be sold or trapped in slavery. I then began to wonder how I could create awareness and not just by wearing a dress because if I wear a dress most people consider it normal. I have decide to blog about I through out the month of December. My topics will include facts on human trafficking, organisations out their to help and a few posts of the dresses.

I'm pretty excited to do this and to learn more about stopping human trafficking this month.

xKx

No comments:

Post a Comment